Mei Loci Landscape Architects are looking for 1 or 2, full time, Landscape Architects to join us in our office in Truro, Cornwall.
We are looking for:
- A Senior Landscape Architect with at least 3 years post CMLI qualification to help to manage and run projects. The Senior Landscape Architect will work alongside the Directors and other Landscape Architects to streamline the delivery of our work and to help to manage day to day administration of the workloads, as well as deliver their own projects. In addition this person will have experience of Landscape and Townscape Visual Impact Assessment and a working knowledge of the planning system.
- A Graduate Landscape Architect/ Landscape Technician role, with excellent Autocad skills in construction documentation and detailing. This role will be to assist with documentation and graphic presentation. Candidates will have a good knowledge of technical design, construction detail and specifications; a high level of competency in AutoCAD and the Adobe Creative Suite and ideally have experience of BIM/Revit or be prepared to develop BIM/Revit skills. Knowledge of Microstation and/or LSS Elite DTM software would also be an advantage. You will need experience of design and detailing for construction, preparation of NBS specifications and contract administration supported by evidence of delivering complex projects from design through to construction.
The ideal candidates for both positions should have the following skills and experience:
- a strong design portfolio;
- excellent presentation skills, both graphically and personally;
- ability to work as part of a team but also individually;
- must be able to take initiative and be creative;
- ability to work to a varying workload and tight deadlines;
- excellent written and spoken English;
- excellent Autocad, BIM, SketchUp, and Photoshop. Knowledge of Revit, Microstation and 3D Studio would be beneficial.
- attention to detail is essential – in design, but also writing and presentation of work;
- full UK/EU driving license;
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the following:
- a brief summary in the email of the position you are applying for, and why you would like to work with us;
- an attached letter outlining your experience, ambitions, availability, and salary expectations
- a CV;
- a PDF portfolio of maximum of 10MB showcasing your work, including images and text.
Mei Loci are a growing Landscape Architectural Practice with projects throughout the UK. We work hard but are social, active and believe strongly in maintaining a healthy approach to our lives. As such, whilst we thrive when all in the office, we also acknowledge and support that we need to work flexibly and this is something that we can discuss with prospective candidates.
The deadline for applications is Friday 25th January, with interviews in early February. (No agencies please.)